2.03.2012

Resolution Check In

Since January just ended (I've been thinking about this post for a few days), I thought I would do a check-in to see how I was doing with 2012's resolutions. If I do this once a month, I can keep them at the forefront of my mind and also stay accountable. Constant reminding is the only way for me to stick with any goals.

1. Read 12-20 books. I have finished one book, One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. A review will be coming soon. I have started two more, Desiring God by John Piper and Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood by Jim and Charles Fay. I'm not usually a multiple books at one time kinda girl, but Desiring God is a lot to take in at one time and the other one is an easy re-read. So I'm definitely on pace to accomplish this one.

2. Memorize 24 Bible verses. I'm doing pretty well at this one too. I've been reviewing regularly and have added 3 to my stack already. I will be adding Romans 6:22 over the next two weeks. It says, "But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification and its end, eternal life." This goes along with my theme for the year, which is that my life is not my own.

3. Get back to Pre-Yemi weight. This is my worst one. I have lost some weight, but I'm not really seeing much difference in how my clothes fit. I've been trying to watch my portion sizes, but I really need to get to the gym and burn some calories. This will need to be a focus for February.

4. Buy a house. I have contacted a realtor and are working on getting some loan paperwork filled out. I took the first step, but need to persevere through the not fun parts too.

5. Blog more often. I have been doing this. It hasn't been once a week, but considering my past blogging habits, it has definitely increased.

6. Give Thanks. This one is going very well. I have been writing 2-3 things I am thankful each night in my journal. If I miss a day, I make up for it the next day. I'm very excited to have a very large list of blessings at the end of the year.

So, I know it has only been 33 days since New Year's, but I haven't given up yet. I can make 11 more months, right? How are you doing on your resolutions? Need a "check in?"

1 comment:

Alysa said...

Sounds like you are doing a great job! I think it's definitely going to help you to do a check-in once a month. I feel like I am pretty much on track with my goals so far although sometimes I need to refocus :)