7.16.2013

Aa is for...


(The Helvetica lower case "a" is my husband's favorite typeface. If your spouse is a designer, you probably know their favorite letter in a typeface. If not, you probably know something weird about them related to their own profession/hobby.)

Aspirations. I so desire to be better at things. A better mom. A better photographer. A better follower of Jesus. A better writer. Putting plans into action is not my strong suit, but that doesn't mean I can't try, right? So this will be my new experiment. I'm going to try to base some blogs on the alphabet to also write about things going on in my life. And so I don't feel like a failure, I'm not giving myself a timeline. Just a way to improve my writing and consistency.

Adaptability. This is one of my top strengths on the StrengthsFinder assessment. It is one thing I love about myself. I am a go with the flow, take things as they come kind of girl. This makes it easy to adjust quickly, not get bent out of shape when things change and not get stuck in one spot. But this is one thing that makes me a very bad planner. I'm not always very proactive because I'm pretty good at handling things reactively. With every strength there is a weakness...

Absorbed, see also Addicted. Mostly with fictional characters. Right now it's Harry Potter. I'm seriously staying up til midnight or later unable to stop reading about my little wizard friends. And I have come to terms that when you wait a decade after a book/movie series is popular that you are going to hear spoilers, but if people would stop blurting things out when they're talking to me about all things Hogwarts related, it would be much appreciated. BTW, I'm near the end of book five, so anything before that I'm more than happy to geek-out with you about.

Annoyed. At the All Star Game. Tonight. On Fox. In the time slot usually reserved for So You Think You Can Dance. I think you catch my drift.

Archibald Alexander Leach. This is Cary Grant's given name. Could there BE a more British name? If you haven't seen a Cary Grant film in a while, do yourself a favor and rent Bringing Up Baby. Or watch Charade on Netflix. You will not be sorry. Unless you hate charming British men falling in love with Hepburns. Then I just feel sorry for you.

2 comments:

Steve Finnell said...

You are invited to follow my Christian blog

Anonymous said...

I think we should watch bringing up baby together. And last night I finished Harry potter book two around midnight. This may be my third time reading it.... addicted. -Leah